Thursday, November 1, 2007

Well we started last night

Last night was the start of a work in progress MMORPG that my friend randy and I are working on building. Starting at about 5pm we started talking about everything and gathering ideas for our game.

Randy also told me that in order to get this game done right, Id have to throw out my favorite program. Blender. In order to get done what we need to get done I needed to pick up a new tool and learn it from the start.

Like a child learning to walk for the first time, I struggled through at the time what looked like the most extreme interface Ive seen yet. But after going through some basic things with randy, I started to feel the same love that I had for blender all this time. When it comes down to it, I think that 3Dstudio Max is going to be a better tool for me to use anyway. The amount of features this program has is amazing.

so today we start working on a lot of little details and some more animations. Right now we have made our basic 3d environment. thanks to randy that is. When it comes to coding, I'm no where near his level. But I think in good time I might just try and pickup some of the things he's been showing me.

So for now, I'm not going to give out to much information about the game just yet. But as soon as we have something to show, Ill be sure to post plenty of work,

No comments: