Friday, January 19, 2007

Whats with these movies?

A Scanner Darkly

This movie was actually not a bad movie. It was done using cel shading, and is actually not that bad of an idea when it comes to trying out new things. They used the cel shading to there advantage too, Which was amazing how they did it.

What do I think?

If this was the directors first movie, then I would give him HUGE props. but at this point, It's not. Overall this movie would be considered NOT that good. With a loose storyline and a lack of details on whats going on it makes for a stretched out tweaker movie. I know this is suppose to be one of those "sci-fi Mystery" time movies, but it does lack in quite a bit.

What would I rate it?

Personally I'd rate this movie at about a 6 out of 10. but only because they used the cel shading to achieve AWESOME effects. Hopefully this director will put out another movie using the same techniques, but with a little better story line. Hopefully next time he will choose a better main character too. I mean come on, he was good in the matrix, but I can't take him seriously anymore.

Wrap it up

It was an ok movie, Id probably watch it again, but only because id pay more detail and try and figure out a few things that to me they left out. If you want to watch a movie that is different, then id choose this one.

1 comment:

Warner said...

I suppose I won't be watching this movie. Looks like dane cook in it. I hate dane cook.