Sunday, January 10, 2010

Darkly Dreaming Dexter - Book

Darkly Dreaming Dexter (Vintage Crime/Black Lizard)
Darkly dreaming Dexter is a book by Jeff Lindsay (also made into a Showtime series) about a character "Dexter Morgan" who works for the Metro Miami Police as a blood splatter analyst. Dexter's foster sister "Debera Morgan" also works with Dexter in the Metro Miami Police force.

Dexter is the lead blood splatter analyzer, with a twisted alter ego. Dexter was adopted by "Harry Morgan" a Miami Police detective  who raised Dexter with a wild understanding of Dexter's "Imperfections" growing up as a young child.

This story takes us along a thrilling ride as Dexter try's to solve a series of murders done by the "Ice Truck Killer" who's murder techniques follow oddly similar to Dexter's. Follow Dexter on his murderous adventurers as he and Debera track the ice truck killer through Miami.

 I was given this book as a gift from a friend who knew that I deeply enjoyed the T.V series on showtime. Once I started reading the book I realized I wasn't able to put it down. I ended up reading the entire book in one sitting. Only an hour later did I get back online and order the following 2 books in the series.

I will be putting up a short overview and some comments on those two in due time. For now I would highly recommend this first book as a place to start. please let me know how much you enjoyed this book. I would love to hear back!



Have you read this book? Please leave a comment about what you thought of it.

Order: Darkly Dreaming Dexter (Vintage Crime/Black Lizard) from Amazon 


JonesTheory

No comments: