Saturday, January 16, 2010

FreeCreditReport.com - A Review

I have been using their site for about 2 months now. They offer a 14 day trial for getting your free report, and charge 14.95 monthly to track your credit score. For 24.95 monthly you can track you credit score on all 3 reporting agency's.

Although they are not the cheapest site out there (Wellsfargo offers all 3 scored for 14.95 to their customers) I have found that they have the easiest and nicest flowing site of all the ones I have tried.

I have also found their alerts to be very handy when keeping a close eye on your credit score. I get an alert sent to my email, in turn gets sent to my phone. So every time something on my credit happens, I am notified within 20 seconds of the action.

Over all I would say they are a little spendy, but for their well designed site, and easy to use layout, I think this is a great program for anyone working on building their credit back up. The first step to rebuilding credit, Is knowing your credit number.

There is only one book I ever recommend to people trying to get out of debt, and fix their credit. This is a must have! This is the book by Dave Ramsey called The Total Money Makeover.

No comments: