Thursday, January 28, 2010

New Web Server: And Promotional Prices

Today's post is a little off topic from where I am usually posting, but I have just got a new server up and running and had to post about it.

Yesterday and today, I started a fresh installation of CentOS on my blade server I purchased several months ago. CentOS is a Linux distribution based on the Red Hat open source operating system. It's design is leaned to those who want to run secure servers with high performance.

The installation went off without any problems, other then the ones I had with my network. After fixing the network everything work great out of the box, so they say. My next step was getting Apache setup.

Apache by it's self was a fairly quick and painless process, the installation was as simple as typing "yum install Apache" and waiting just a few minutes. Again, out of the box, Apache does it's job very well, and for single site hosting has almost no extra configuration's to make. I however plan and am hosting multiple sites. This is where Vhost's come in.

Vhost stands for "VirtualHost" and allows Apache to run multiple websites from one daemon. Setting up the configs for this feature was what took me most of my time. After fixing a few daemon start up bugs, and getting my configs right, Vhost is now working as expected!

People who visit my IP directly will get a warning page asking them to use a valid URL, where visiting by link: www.mediaxsolutions.com will bring you to the hosted page for my web host company.

At this time the server is up and running, and running with great performance.

Now that the new server is running I am offering a special promotion to those who visit this blog, and for all their friends! Here is a small breakdown:


Website Hosting - 1.99/M Your web page, unlimited pages and sub-domains.
Blog Hosting - .99/M Your customized blog, Setup is free!

All new customer's will get free advertising on this website for a month!

Referral Program: Once you try out our new server, and see just how nice it work's for you, tell a friend. When you get your friend to sign up, www.MediaXSolutions.com will give you half of their monthly spending's! This is the highest earnings offered by any other company.

To get setup or ask any questions, Email: jjonesdesign@gmail.com

No comments: